Thursday, December 5, 2013

FREE 7 Day Clean Eating Support Group

I have gotten a lot of questions lately about what exactly "clean eating" means. There is so much confusion out there, between the Paleo diet, the Primal diet, Ditch the Wheat, Skinny Bitch-- they all have different opinions of the ideal way we should eat. I am not a nutrition expert, so I definitely can't tell you whether one of them is better than another. But what I can share with you is what has worked for me, as well as hundreds of other beachbody coaches that I work with.

 


The type of lifestyle I live is called clean eating. Noticed I called it a "lifestyle," not a diet? Yep, that was intentional. I am NOT on a diet, and it honestly irks me when people ask if I'm still "on that diet." A diet is a temporary restriction of food or calories in order to hit a particular goal. I am no longer trying to lose weight, nor am I temporarily restricting anything. I am permanently eating clean, with of course some exceptions here and there, because I'm human!

I believe very much in the 80/20 rule, so for me, I eat clean around 80% of the time and then allow myself to have whatever I want in moderation the other 20%. Now let me be clear, when I was trying to lose weight, I ate clean probably more like 95% of the time, but since I am just trying to maintain, I allow a little more leeway now.

 
So what exactly is clean eating? In a very basic nutshell, it is eating real foods that come from the earth or nature. For example, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and lean meats. I do not eliminate carbs, nor do I avoid wheat. I am not gluten sensitive, so I eat whole grains, especially brown rice, sprouted wheat bread, oats and quinoa (although techinically quinoa is a seed). I also eat dairy in limited quantities, mostly just greek yogurt and small amounts of cheese.  I use natural sweeteners such as raw honey, real maple syrup and stevia, but I try to use them sparingly.


The point of this blog entry, however, isn't to give you all of the details of clean eating. It is to invite you to participate in a 7 day FREE clean eating support group that I will be hosting starting on December 16th.



In order to participate, you will need to commit to doing two things:

1. You will invite someone else to do the group with you. It can be a friend, your spouse, your sister, your mom-- it doesn't matter. But you are way more likely to make a change to your eating if you have someone else to support you through it.

2. You need to commit to being active in the group during the entire 7 days. All that means is that you check into the group on Facebook at least once per day, read all the posts, and respond to questions/assignments. 

If you are interested in participating, please send me a message on Facebook, or email me at danarsimon@gmail.com.  I am excited to help you get healthier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment