Monday, September 9, 2013

No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Balls

These might be my favorite snack ever! As someone who is a follower of clean eating, I follow a daily routine of eating five times a day. That means I need two snacks each day that are healthy, combine protein with a complex carbohydrate, and keep me energized and full until my next meal. These totally fit the bill! Not only are they insanely delicious, but they fit my favorite requirement: I can make them ahead of time and just grab and go with no preparation in the morning! I'm telling you, these things are the BOMB!




Okay, so this recipe is so easy, it's almost embarrassing (key word, almost).

  • 1 C dry oatmeal
  • 1/2 C chocolate chips
  • 1/2 C natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 C ground flaxseed
  • 1/3 C honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
All you have to do is mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, roll the mixture into golf-ball sized balls and place them on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the fridge for an hour or longer, until the balls have become firm and easy to pick up. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment